Sabtu, 17 November 2012

Curry House, The Taste of Authentic Japanese Curry


Holiday has ended and I already back to my "hospital life". Entering Internal Medicine department as my new department after holiday is quite shocking. When do the E.R. shift, I think all the Internal Medicine interns have more responsibility in taking care the patient than other departments I've ever passed. However, I still enjoy it except the fact that I always hibernate after doing the shift =P I feel more like a real doctor here =)

This week everyone has a very very long weekend. Since there is public holiday on Thursday, the government also establishes Friday as a holiday. Unfortunately it doesn't work to interns. Holiday means adding your shift more. So I decided to take a treat to myself with some delicious food, hohoho.. This time I decided to eat at Curry House, a quite new Japanese restaurant that specialized in curry. Located at the top of Papaya Supermarket in Darmo, its location is a lil' bit hidden. However, it has a nice and cozy architecture since it is dominated with nature component such as wood and stone. Their eating utensils also are made of wood, so lovely <3


We ordered Garlic Potato (Rp10.000,00+) for appetizer. We can eat it with the salad dressing which adding more flavor into this. Nom nom..
Garlic Potato
The weather is so hot lately and this Strawberry Lassi (Rp30.000,00+ for large size) really helped a lot. It has a sour and fresh of yoghurt combined with the sweetnes of strawberry..
Strawberry Lassi
There are so many curry dishes here, such as chicken, beef, pork, pork cutlet, seafood, tuna, mushroom, or even eggplant curry. Actually I also wanted to order pork cutlet curry but since it looks like chicken katsu curry (that I always order), I wanted to try something different so I ordered Hamburg Curry (Rp60.000,00+ for small size).
Hamburg Curry
When it was served on my table, it looks so small (especially the hamburg beef) =O Based on the price, I actually expected a slight bigger size, but apparently the size is big enough to make me full. The curry flavor is so rich and spicy. The hamburg beef also erased the feeling about its size =P it tastes good >.< oh ya, all the curry dishes here has 7 levels of spiciness (does it sound like a kind of spicy cassava chips? --a) I chose the second level and I think I supposed to ask for the spicier level. But thankfully there was chili powder on the table =D 


My sister ordered another style of curry, Dry Curry (Rp50.000,00+ for small size), fried rice with minced beef and curry powder. So unique, so exotic..

Dry Curry
My cousin ordered her favorite menu, Tuna Yaki Curry (Rp80.000,+ for small size), baked rice topped with tuna curry and cheese. Served hot in a pot, it tastes so creamy and cheesy. Lovely but fatty x_x yeah, it really a guilty pleasure..

Tuna Yaki Curry
 Are you a big fan of Japanese cuisine or curry lover? Then you should try this one =)


Curry House
Papaya Darmo 2F
Surabaya
Tel: 031-7326291 



2 komentar:

  1. Kok ga ngeblog lagi...? :)

    BalasHapus
    Balasan
    1. Sudah update.. Dibaca yaa.. http://vitiatandy.blogspot.com/2013/04/tomoto-restaurant-dining-with-attraction.html

      Hapus